Subject: Re: [docbook] how to avoid the xmlns:xi on each include statement

Hi Francesco,

>     I have the following dummy problem: I need to <xi:include> lots of
> files into my manual.docbook however each line currently looks as
>
> <xi:include href="aboutdialoginfo.docbook"
> xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"/>
>
> is there a way I can avoid the xmlns:xi attribute ?

Yes. Here is an example:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE book PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.4//EN"
                      "http://www.docbook.org/xml/4.4/docbookx.dtd";
[
  <!ENTITY % local.common.attrib
  "xmlns:xi  CDATA  #FIXED 'http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude'">
]>
<book xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude";>
 <xi:include .../>
</book>

This inserts the xmlns:xi attribute into *every* element. If you want it only
for book, replace "local.common.attrib" with "local.book.attrib".

Hope that helps. :)

Bye,
Tom