Subject: Page References with Page Numbers

Hi

I am using docbook 5 with xinclude.

I intend to write books using xinclude very often (each chapter is a
separate xml-File, which makes it easy to generate new books for new courses
in a short time.)

I have not found a way to generate references from one part to another. They
should all look like the following in the pdf-output:

"(See Chapter XYZ "NAME OF CHAPTER" on page. ABC)"

Under latex I had a simple script for that purppose:
\newcommand*\totalref[1]{(S. Kap. \ref{#1} auf Seite \pageref{#1})}
Is there something similar under docbook5?

What is the standard way to do this?
 - Is it a process that can be done with a script after the
"*.fo"-Generation?
 - Is it better to generate a single file out of my x-included-sources
before generating the references?

Any idea is welcome.