Subject: Re: Announce: DocBook V5.0CR5

/ "Mauritz Jeanson" <mj@johanneberg.com> was heard to say:
| I did a DB 4 -> DB 5 batch conversion of the 228 test documents in
| /trunk/testdocs/tests, using db4-upgrade.xsl (r7022). Of the resulting
| DocBook 5 documents, six were invalid. This could be due to bugs in the
| schema or in the upgrade stylesheet. Below is a summary.
[...]
| Invalid test documents after conversion to DocBook 5
| ====================================================
|
| 1. In DocBook 5, affiliation, personblurb, and titleabbrev are not allowed
| as children of biblioentry.

Hmm. It seems like 'personblurb' and 'titleabbrev' might be bugs. I
think affiliation is right, we don't allow unwrapped personal names
(firstname, surname, etc.) anymore so we needn't allow unwrapped
affiliations.

| 2. In DocBook 5, cmdsynopsis is not allowed in glossterm and methodsynopsis
| is not allowed in term.

Right. I think that's correct. What is the DB4 markup that uses it?
(I didn't actually expect this to occur in practice.)

| 3. In DocBook 5, there must be some content after info in a book.

Interesting. Maybe that's a bug.

| 4. In DocBook 5, tocdiv is used instead of several discarded lot*/toc*
| elements.
|
| toc.001.xml:11:17: error: unknown element "tocchap" from namespace
| "http://docbook.org/ns/docbook";
| toc.001.xml:24:14: error: unknown element "tocpart" from namespace
| "http://docbook.org/ns/docbook";

So that's probably just a bug in the conversion script. Can you send
us the original ToC?

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | In every work of genius we
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | recognize our own rejected
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | thoughts; they come back to us
                                   | with a certain alienated
                                   | majesty.-- Emerson

PGP signature