Subject: Re: [docbook] v5 extension elements

Jirka Kosek wrote:
> Dave Pawson wrote:
>> Further effort to extend, this time a block level element.
>>
>> <include href="/sgml/docbook/v5/docbook.rng">
>>   <define name="db.para.blocks" combine='choice'>
>>     <oneOrMore>  <ref name="poem"/> </oneOrMore>
>>   </define>
>> </include>
>
> Nesting define inside include works like redefinition.

Which is what (I thought) I was doing Jirka?
Adding (another choice) to the existing definition?

  Your schema
> should look like:
>
> <include ...docbook.rng/>
>
> <include ...poem.rng/>
>
> <define name="db.para.blocks" combine="choice">
> </define>

Works perfectly!
Why isn't this a redefinition... in fact what is it
if it isn't a redefinition please?

> Or you can simply add this last define directly inside poem.rng.

Even simpler, though I like the idea of a simple 'customization'
file, just as I do with XSLT. Makes for a simple model.

Thanks Jirka.

regards

--
Dave Pawson