Subject: Re: [docbook] Getting started: editors, direct rendering, which DTD?

Ian S. Worthington wrote:
> Thanks Dave.
>
> Reducing the frustration sounds like a good plan: I'm getting nowhere with
> this at the moment.
>
> So, which of the stylesheets do I need to download to get v5 to work with EDE?

I don't know what EDE is.

If you want to transform v5 stylesheets into html,
http://www.docbook.org/docs/howto/ may be a good start.

http://docbook.sourceforge.net/snapshots/ will provide the xslt
stylesheets. pick either ns or not
http://docbook.sourceforge.net/snapshots/docbook-xsl-ns-snapshot.zip
is the namespaced one.

Pick up saxon (B ) from http://saxon.sourceforge.net/#F6.5.5
6.5.5 is the latest java based xslt 1.0 version.

I think it's tested with both Java 1.5 and 1.6.

Then come back with your next question(s).
I know it's not easy to get the whole thing together.

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/index.html is your friend.
Perhaps even buy a copy?

regards

--