Subject: DocBook RNG Schema vs DocBook DTD

Dear all,

After a few years I'm back to DocBook... and as the first step I should
port all my stuff to DocBook "Relax NG" edition.

In the past I customized the DocBook DTD V4.1 by defining some common
entities (e.g. corp. name, corp. website, etc.) in order to generate
consistent documentation. In the customized DTD I added the following
entities:

<!ENTITY corp.shortname "Agamura">
<!ENTITY corp.longname "&corp.shortname;, Inc.">
<!ENTITY corp.address PUBLIC
<!ENTITY corp.domain "agamura.com">
<!ENTITY corp.website "www.&corp.domain;">
<!ENTITY corp.contact "<email>hello@&corp.domain;</email>">

Then, in my documents I used them as follows:

<!DOCTYPE article PUBLIC "-//AGAMURA//DTD DocBook V4.1 Extension//EN"
    "http://www.agamura.com/quxo/dtd/1.0/docbookx.dtd"; [
    <!ENTITY introduction SYSTEM "Introduction.xml">
]>
<article id="CSharpCodingGuidelines" lang="&language;">
    <articleinfo>
        <title>C# Coding Guidelines</title>
        <authorgroup>
            <author>
                <firstname>Giuseppe</firstname>
                <surname>Greco</surname>
                <affiliation>
                </affiliation>
            </author>
        </authorgroup>
        <copyright>
            <year>2004</year>
            <holder>&corp.longname;</holder>
        </copyright>
        <legalnotice>&legalnotice;</legalnotice>
        <date>Januray 1, 2004</date>
        <releaseinfo>2.0</releaseinfo>
    </articleinfo>

    &introduction;
</article>

In the XML above, entity &legalnotice; contains the following:

<para>
  All rights reserved. No part of the content of this document may be
  reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior
  consent of &corp.longname;
</para>
<formalpara>
  <title>Trademarks</title>
  <para>
    &corp.shortname; and the &corp.shortname; logo are trademarks of
    &corp.longname; All other names are trademarks of their respective
    owners.
  </para>
</formalpara>

... now the question is: how can I achieve the same with the Relax NG schema?

Any help would be really appreciated.
j3d.

Giuseppe Greco

Agamura Entertainments, Inc.