Subject: Including external XML file for example code

I am trying to include an XML document that is an example in my docbook
article. I have been around, but could not get what I need. Google did
return the pages I wanted. Maybe I am using the wrong key words. Can
anyone suggest a link for a tutorial or tell me how to get this done.
The example XML document is a full XML document and is part of a program
so, there can be DOCTYPE and xml header.