Subject: Re: [docbook] Including external XML file for example code

Stefan Seefeld wrote:

> because I believe this doesn't belong into a footnote but into a more
> visible place. (I see a disturbing trend of features that rely on users
> using some java toolchain to process their docbook. That's very sad.)

If you for some reason doesn't want to use Java you can of course port
this extension to other language and use extension API of your preferred
XSLT implementation to invoke it from stylesheet. It is open-source.

Or you can put aside your religious prejudice and use Java and Saxon,
because you will use the most mature, reliable and extensible XSLT
engine which runs on many platforms (thanks to Java).

OpenPGP digital signature