Subject: Re: [docbook] An <appendix> that contains only a <glossary> is not valid (db5_rc7)

2008/1/16, Nic Gibson <nicg@corbas.net>:

> I think it's because a glossary can be used at the same level (in the
> document 'hierarchy') as an appendix. If it's inside an appendix the schema
> requires something more to be there. If it's the only thing inside your
> glossary then perhaps you don't need the appendix element.

Reading [1] more carefully, this behaviour is part of appendix syntax.
But at this point, the discussion could be:
1) if there's a strong opinion that semantically it does have sense to
have a glossary inside an appendix, just permit to be the only element
of it;
2) otherwise, just forbid it (and probably even forbid bibliography,
index and toc to be part of an appendix).

I would probably prefer 2) .

[1] http://www.docbook.org/tdg5/en/html/appendix.html