Subject: Footnote marks without [] brackets?

Hi there

Now that I've embarrassed myself once, I guess I might as well continue ;-)

Looking at
$Id: footnote.xsl 6910 2007-06-28 23:23:30Z xmldoc $
(which is what XMLmind XML Editor uses) it seems to me that the []
brackets around footnote marks are hardcoded.

There is a footnote.mark template, but searching for '<sup>' shows
that this is only sometimes used. For some reason, the code in this
template is repeated unchanged in a bunch of places.

So it looks like getting rid of the []'s is going to take quite a bit
of doing, right?

--