Subject: Re: [docbook] Custom tags in Docbook

Ok, after consulting the DocBook element reference
(http://docbook.org/tdg/en/html/part2.html), I can see your point...
Granted, the list is enormous, but what I meant with my question was how
to proceed when in a situation for which no suitable (pre-defined)
elements exist...

 From what I can make of the answers, DocBook appears (in this matter at
least) to follow a philosophy of "quantity over quality"... not really
what I was expecting, but it'll have to do.

(BTW, quality in this case means trying to provide all elements anyone
is ever likely going to need, instead of providing a way for new
elements to be added should the need arise. I want to make this clear to
avoid starting a possible flame :-) )