Subject: RE: [docbook] Custom tags in Docbook

Possibly because docbook is defined by a specific dtd or schema it is
not possible to add an element.  If you include an undefined element
your file is not docbook any longer.

I thought I recalled there being an element <role> which could be used
with an attribute to indicate what you want.  Eg <role
name="guimenuitem">.  However, I've just looked and it's not there.
Looking a bit further indicates that role is actually an attibute,
available on many elements, allowing you to subclass an element.  That
might do what you need ?

Helpfully,
Maybe,
Richard.