Subject: Re: [docbook] Custom tags in Docbook

Oscar Pereira wrote:

> (BTW, quality in this case means trying to provide all elements anyone
> is ever likely going to need, instead of providing a way for new
> elements to be added should the need arise. I want to make this clear to
> avoid starting a possible flame :-) )

Well it seems that you are missing something very basic about how XML
and formats derived from it work. DocBook is just XML schema which
defines fixed set of elements that are very useful for capturing various
kinds of documents. I would say that for 99% of users DocBook provide
all necessary elements. If your requirements are really specific you can
always extend DocBook schema and add your own elements. It is very easy
indeed:

http://www.docbook.org/docs/howto/#cust-elements

OpenPGP digital signature