Subject: Why are the content models of orgname and corpname so different?

Hi there

I'd like to markup the names of vendors like Microsoft and Dell when I
use them in my documents. However, I find that corpname is restricted
to biblio* and *info environments. Surprisingly, orgname is not
similarly restricted, and can be used in para and elsewhere as well.
It seems that I should use orgname. Is there a reason why this makes
more sense than allowing corpname in the same places as orgname?

--