Subject: RE: [docbook] post v5.0 NS and schemata

Fabián,

The DocBook 5.0 standard requires a version attribute on
the root element of any document.  That version attribute
will be used to identify 5.0, 5.1, etc.  It can also be
used to identify variants.  That should take care of your
concern about identifying the appropriate schema for 5.0
based versions.

There is a discussion of versioning in the DocBook 5.0
Howto.  Here's a pointer to that section:

http://docbook.org/docs/howto/#cust-naming

Hope that helps,
Dick Hamilton
http://rlhamilton.net