Subject: Re: [docbook] element for "et al" in authorgroup

On Mon, Jul 07, 2008 at 09:42:03PM +0200, Jirka Kosek wrote:
> You can use ISO690 biblography style by setting:
>
> <xsl:param name="bibliography.style">iso690</xsl:param>
>
> Then if there are more then $biblioentry.primary.count authors presented
> in biblioentry, "et al" is automatically added.
>
> However this doesn't solve problem in situations where you don't know
> all authors and you still have to capture et al.

The problem is that I'm working on a tool to convert bibtex
bibliographies to docbook. In bibtex it's quite common to use "[...] and
others", which bibtex translates to "et al." (depending on the used
style). And I need a similar construction in docbook to properly convert
it. I'm currently using a personname element to just make sure its not
left out.

> > Updated Xslthl                         http://elmuerte.com/xslthl
>
> Have you tried to contact original author of XSLTHL? Forking of code is
> not very good idea in general.

I haven't forked it (yet). I did submit the changes on the sf.net
project page and emailed the admin. But I haven't had a reply yet. The
linked page is just a temporary location until I have a definitive
answer.

--
Michiel "elmuerte" Hendriks             elmuerte@drunksnipers.com
                                              http://elmuerte.com