Subject: Re: [docbook] Policy on backwards incompatible changes

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 11:33 AM, Dave Pawson <davep@dpawson.co.uk> wrote:
> Keith Fahlgren wrote:
>
>> What is the community's feeling of the cause of the concern over
>> incompatible changes?
>
> A fairly long established principle that you don't mess up
> installations more than you have to?

Understood, but 2008 is a much different world the one in which you're
describing ("long established") & the one in which these standards
processes were developed. I think it's an understanding of that shift
that prompted Norm's initial post:

"""
It was suggested at the last telcon that perhaps these rules are too
strict for the internet age.
"""

Keith