Subject: Auto numbering lists

Dear docbook users,

actually I have to write a document, similar to an requirement specification.

I'm using docbook5 with dokbook-xsl to generate XSL-FO and HTML.
With Apache's FOP I make PDF and RTF.

It works fine. But my document is currently very minimalistic (sects, paras)

So the first thing, I'd like to enhance is, that I would each requirement and
recommendation define as a 'element' (I don't no which?) which first it would
be autonumbererd:

Example:

	Section 1
	 Section 1.1
	   bla bla bla
           bla bla bla

	   REQ-1.01
	     do that.
           REQ-1.02
	     do that not.
           REC-1.01
	     do that not.

	  Section 1.2
	   REQ-1.03
	     do that.
           REQ-1.04
	     do that not.
	   REC-1.02
	     do that not.

	Section 2
	 Section 2.1
	   bla bla bla
           bla bla bla

	   REQ-2.01
	     do that.
           REQ-2.02
	     do that not.

	  Section 2.2
	   REQ-2.03
	     do that.
           REQ-2.04
	     do that not.

You see there are two things REQ and REC.
Second I'll like to format them special, i.e REC=red, and REQ=blue or add an
special image for it.

I do not need a final solution, but have somebody did something similar or any hints?

Thanks a lot!

Halm