Subject: Re: [docbook] Auto numbering lists

Hi,
I don't think orderedlist with continuation will do what you want.  I would
suggest using section elements with a role attribute to indicate these
special sections.  If you don't want a title, then just insert an empty
title element in such sections.   Then customize the XSL stylesheets to
generate a "title" that includes the label and number based on the role
value.

The customization can most easily be done to the mode="object.title.markup"
templates.  These are used internally to generate the text for a section
title.

<xsl:template match="section[@role = 'rec']" mode="object.title.markup">
  <fo:block xsl:use-attribute-sets="special.section.title.attributes">
    <xsl:text>REC-</xsl:text>
    <!-- compute the number here using one or more xsl:number elements ==>
    <!-- if you want the title of the special section, include this:
    <xsl:apply-templates select="." mode="title.markup"/>
    -->
  </fo:block>
</xsl:template>

Add an attribute-set named "special.section.title.attributes" or some such,
and
put the formatting features in it.

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises