Subject: Translations of DocBook Transition Guide (German)

Hi,

the DocBook Transition Guide[1] is a document that is very helpful for
DocBook V5 users.

Although most users are probably familiar with English, it is very useful
and convenient to read such an important document in your mother tongue,
especially for beginners. What about translations into other languages?
Any plans in this regard?

To give some help for German users, I've started to translate this guide
into German. A preliminary version can be found here:

  http://www.suse.de/~toms/transitionguide/howto_de.html

The above URL contains also the links to the XML source and the PDF. The
XML source contains the English text too (marked up with xml:lang="en");
it makes it easier to compare it to the translation. The English text can
easily be removed with profiling (see the comment in the XML source).

I was not sure about the license. As the XML source is publicly available
in the SVN repository, I assume it has the same or similar license than
the other texts in the repo. I'm sure I missed some things. Any pointers?

What do you think? All (translation) errors or inconcistencies are mine,
of course. If you find some, please give me a note so I can improve
it. :-)

Thanks,
Tom

----