Subject: Re: [docbook] w3.org won't serve DTD imbedded in Docbook generatedoutput - but only to IE

Grosso, Paul wrote:
> This has nothing to do with docbook.
>
> Send email to webmaster@w3.org for something like this.
>
> But your application probably shouldn't be trying to
> retrieve a resource at that URL.

     It's not something we explicitly put in the source XML; it's
a consequence of the Docbook 4.3 processing chain using

http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/mathml/1.1CR1/dbmathml.dtd

so if it's affecting our documents, it's probably affecting other
people using Docbook as well.

> If everyone always
> hit the W3C server every time they did anything with
> XHTML it would be a disaster, and most likely what
> you are seeing is the result of some code put in by
> the W3C webmaster to prevent just this.

     I guess I'm wondering why the Docbook stylesheet distribution
seems to be setup to cause this to happen, then.

     Jon