Subject: RE: [docbook] Highlighting complete areas in DocBook

To avoid needing to customize tons of templates, I do the following for
that situation. This allows us to add role="highlight" to any element
and have it be highlighted yellow. This needs to be in a customization
layer that imports the docbook xsls because it relies on doing an
xsl:apply-imports:

For html (assuming you have something like .remark{ background: yellow;
} in your css):

<xsl:template match="text()[ ancestor::*/@role = 'highlight' ] | xref[
ancestor::*/@role = 'highlight' ]" priority="10"><span
class="remark"><xsl:apply-imports/></span></xsl:template>

And for fo:

  <xsl:template match="text()[ ancestor::*/@role = 'highlight' ] | xref[
ancestor::*/@role = 'highlight' ]" priority="10">
	<fo:inline xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format";
background-color="yellow"><xsl:apply-imports/></fo:inline>
  </xsl:template>

David