Subject: Entities in Docbook 5 rnc

Hello,

I'm trying to upgrade our Docbook 4.2 DTD to Docbook 5 RNC.

In our version 4.2 DTD we included an external entity file that listed
the conditions that we used for condition attribute. Is there a way to link/include external files with the docbook 5 RNC?

For example, is it possible to have a file (eg., myconditions.ent) that defines an attribute such as (e.g,. db.iaconditions12.attributte) that
can be used in the definition of db.condition.attribute?

e.g., File myconditions.ent
db.myondition12.attribute =

    ## provides a standard place for application-specific effectivity
    attribute mycondition12 {"asajtools"
                        |"dbadmin"
                        |"mobilink"
                        |"programming"
                        |"sqlref"
                        |"sqlug"
                        |"uldotnet"
                        |"ulfoundations"
                        |"rsguide"}

E.g., I'd like to do something like the following in the Docbook 5 customization file:
db.condition.attribute =
    ## provides a standard place for application-specific effectivity
    attribute condition {mycondition12}

If this is possible, how should I reference the myconditions.ent file  in the Docbook 5 RNC?
And do I need to include a namespace reference in the myconditions.ent file?

Thank you,
Kate