Subject: Re: [docbook] A way to restrict the content in xml:id

Hi Scott, Kate,

To test for capitals:

  - option 1:
  If you use XSLT 2.0 / XPath 2.0 with Schematron then you can use for
example the lower-case() function on the value and compare that with the
original value - if they are not equal then you have capitals.
  For example if you use ISO Schematron then you can use xslt2 as
queryBinding to specify that you want XSLT 2.0.

  - option 2:
  This works also with XSLT 1.0 / XPath 1.0.
  You can use the translate function to get the same result as the
lower-case() function, something like below:

   translate(value, 'ABC', 'abc')

but instead of ABC and abc you need to put all the possible upper case
and respectively lower case letters that you may have in your document.

Best Regards,
George
--
George Cristian Bina