Subject: Generating modified 5.0 DTD using mods to RELAX NG version

I created an RNG schema modification file, as described at http://www.docbook.org/docs/howto/, and using jing I can validate a demo document against it.

Next, I tried to create a DTD from my modification file using trang, but got a lot of errors. Even using trang to try to convert docbook-5.0\rng\docbook.rng with no reference to modifications, I get about 100 error messages. Most say 'error: sorry, cannot handle this kind of "choice"', but many follow this format:

  sorry, not handled: duplicate declaration of element "info" from namespace "http://docbook.org/ns/docbook"

Were the official distribution DTD versions created using an automated tool, and if so, which one?

thanks,

Bob
Disclaimer:

"This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail or any action taken in reliance on this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful."