Subject: Best wiki engines or tools for wiki-to-docbook conversions?

Hi All,

I contribute to a Free Software project called Xfce (http://www.xfce.org). Xfce is a lightweight graphical desktop environment for Linux and BSD-based PC's. While the project itself is moving along fine, the project's end-user documentation is currently a bit out of date, and I've been talking with one of the developers about getting it updated.

The project's current documentation is written in docbook, but as part of this effort, we want to make it easier for new contributors to write documentation without overwhelming them with the details of docbook. The approach we have in mind right now would be to have contributors use a wiki to compose the docs, and then output the content to docbook.  We have tools that allow translators to translate the docbook strings, and the original and translated docbook strings can then be output to html.

With that in mind, in your experience, what open-source wiki engines (if any) provide the best output to docbook? If you can't think of any, what tools may provide the best means of converting wiki text to docbook?  The team currently uses dokuwiki as their wiki engine, but they are not tied to this.  Also, if you can think of an alternate workflow that may work better, please feel free to suggest that, too.

Thanks very much for your consideration,

Jim