Subject: Re: [docbook] <book> won't accept "xmlns:xi" attribute

Hi,

>I cannot get "include" to work in my XML document. Here's my snippet:
>
><?xml version='1.0'?>
><!DOCTYPE book SYSTEM "file:///O:/prog/docbook-4.5/dtd/docbook.dtd">

Why do you use an absolute path here?
Normally it is better to use the official public and system identifiers and
resolve them through a catalog mechanism. See
http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/Catalogs.html for more details.

><book xmlns="http://docbook.org/ns/docbook";
>         xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude";>
><xi:include href="chapter1.xml"/>
></book>
>
>Element include in namespace 'http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude' encountered
>in book, but no template matches.

Which XML parser do you use? The xmllint programm understands the --xinclude
option to resolve any XInclude elements.
Use it in combination with --postvalid to resolve any XInclude elements and
validate your XML document _after_ XInclude  processing. This should solve the
above error message.

Tom