Subject: Problem with notes

I'm trying to create a DocBook 5 RNG file that has a note element as its root. However, I keep getting the following error in oXygen:

E[oNVDL] element "note" from namespace "http://docbook.org/ns/docbook" not allowed in this context.

Any ideas about what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you,
Kate

The following is the xml that I'm using:

<note xmlns="http://docbook.org/ns/docbook" version="5.0">
 <title>Separately licensed component required</title>
 <para>ECC encryption and FIPS-certified encryption require a separate license. All strong encryption technologies are subject to export regulations.</para>
</note>