Subject: RE: [docbook] controlling the line length of programlisting

Hi David,

Thanks for pointing out this section in Bob Stayton's book. However, if I'm reading the section correctly,
the breaking of text is done during the build processing.  Wouldn't it be easier if we could alert the writer right away
that he/she needs to edit the programlisting? My software package has print margin feature, but it is only available in the
text mode.

Any suggestions?

Kate

"David Cramer" <dcramer@motive.com>

06/22/2009 03:34 PM

<Kate.Wringe@sybase.com>, <docbook@lists.oasis-open.org>
cc
Subject
RE: [docbook] controlling the line length of programlisting

See the following section from Bob Stayton's book about using a hyphenation character (e.g. an arrow of some kind) to indicate that a line in a programlisting has been broken for typographical reasons:

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/FittingText.html#BreakLongLines

David