Subject: Re: [docbook] indexterm in footnote

On 07/14/2009 11:36 AM, Jirka Kosek wrote:

> But more to the core problem. I think that there is no reason for
> disallowing indexterms in footnote. Might be it is just unintended error
> or some legacy stuff. It seems that DocBook XSL stylesheets are able to
> process indexterms in footnote correctly.

Speaking against indexterm in footnote on a practical level.
Given page xxx reference to such a term it seems 'odd' or
awkward to go searching for the reference and find it in the footnote?
Index terms are generally to body content, rather than to marginalia
such as footnotes?

Just a practical (visual) issue.

regards

DaveP