Subject: RE: [docbook] indexterm in footnote

Dave Pawson [mailto:davep@dpawson.co.uk] wrote:

> Speaking against indexterm in footnote on a practical level.
> Given page xxx reference to such a term it seems 'odd' or
> awkward to go searching for the reference and find it in the footnote?
> Index terms are generally to body content, rather than to marginalia
> such as footnotes?

Maybe, but I think that sort of decision should be up to the author of
each document. There's no fundamental reason why an index term in a
footnote must always be illogical, so the semantics should allow it.

*************************
Rob Cavicchio
Principal Technical Writer
EMC Captiva
EMC Corporation
10145 Pacific Heights Boulevard, 6th Floor
San Diego, CA 92121-4234

P: (858) 320-1208
F: (858) 320-1010
E: Cavicchio_Rob@emc.com

The opinions expressed here are my personal opinions. Content published
here is not read or approved in advance by EMC and does not necessarily
reflect the views and opinions of EMC.