Subject: RE: [docbook] Why do formalparas only allow one para?

Right, but you still can't put anything after the section (also the
formatting of the section's title is different...the heading size
depends on how deep you are in nested sections and it's not a runin
head).

I had the very same request about formal paras from our users. I
modified our DTD to allow multiple paras in a formalpara and then added
a preprocessing xslt step that pulls the extra paras out of the
formalpara just to be sure I'm feeding straight docbook to the docbook
xslts. I think the docbook xslts would handle it, but I also have
targets that generate straight docbook for interchange purposes.

I think what she'd _really_ like to have is a <div>. Then she could wrap
arbitrary collections of elements, assign them an id, and xinclude them
into other docs. I can see where a <div> is not very semantic. Aside
from semantic purity, are there other problems with having something

David