Subject: RE: [docbook] Whichi is better for publishing book on DocBook 4.5 or 5

Moriguchi-san,

Both will probably do what you need, and you can convert
from one to the other without much trouble.

However, I would recommend that you use DocBook V5.0, unless
you are using an editor or other tool that cannot handle it.

DocBook V5.0 is more flexible, simpler, easier to customize,
and the standard DocBook stylesheets work with it very well.

The 2 reasons I can think of for not using DocBook V5.0 would
be if you already have content in DocBook 4.5 (and are happy
with your current tools), or if you do not have access to an
editor that will work with DocBook V5.0.

Best Regards,
Dick Hamilton
XML Press
XML for Technical Communicators