Subject: Re: [docbook] DocBook web infrastructure needs work

Just a quick response to Dave (the first)'s comment -- I'm talking about the initial cost of entry into the DocBook club, you know, not the difficulty of staying abreast of the happenings, once you've already gotten in.

The current situation, with many sites duplicating information, seems to similar to the problem of URI aliases, described here: http://www.w3.org/TR/webarch/#uri-aliases , where each alias divides the "web of related resources".

Also, just by the principle of DRY, having many sites with duplicate information creates a maintenance problem, which is apparent here, as there are so many bits of outdated information in so many places.