Subject: Re: [docbook] DocBook - a success story?

> Do you mean it was not a success if you wrote directly in docbook but
> it was successful if used as an intermediate format from asciidoc?

No.

What I'm missing is an easy way to convert DocBook in lot's of 'end
user' formats like PDF, Plain Text, Wiki markup, Word, Open Office,
... PDF was rather easy, true. But I could have done the same with
plain TeX and Text I would have got with one of the many TeX => Text
converters available. In the Wiki case, I need both ways: DocBook to
Wiki and Wiki to DocBook.

I used asciidoc because I found it's markup much simpler to use,
especially when having tables. I do not have a problem with the fact
that I can't validate asciidoc. If necessary I validate the docbook
document generated.

> - it supports db4 rather than db5.  This is probably not a big deal especially when dblatex supports only db4 but still worth noting.

That's true. Would fine if more tools support DB5. Nevertheless, there
is a XSLT sheet upgrading DB4 to DB5.

> Is your xslt script posted anywhere?

Probably just to specialized.... Can publish them if you are curious.

Greetz,
Wolfgang.

--
Wolfgang Häfelinger
häfelinger IT - Applied Software Architecture