Subject: Re: [docbook] DocBook - a success story?

Daniel,

> And (X)HTML is not a "simple markup language"? What is simpler than this?

Ok, so when you write an article in wikipedia you write it in XHTML then?

>> 3. Rendering my CV as man page would have been fun
>
> That is a silly idea. Do you really know, what a manual page is and what
> it looks like? I would really love to know, what would be in your NAME,
> SYNOPSIS and OPTIONS sections. In AUTHORS you would put your parents and
> in COPYRIGHT your wife? :)

Yes, why not. What do you care about how I what I write into a manual?
Btw, I believe the most interesting part would be the "KNOWN PROBLEMS"
:-)

> Of course. Why do you expect that article == book == refentry? If all
> would have the same meaning, we wouldn't need all of them. <refentry>
> fits best to the manual page contents and its format.

That's a good point anyway. Do we really need to differenciate between
article, book and refentry? Why isn't there instead a generic
'container' element?

> JFTR: It's much easier to dump the output of a HTML/PD/PS browser/viewer
> into a text file.

Again you missed the point Daniel.

I just learned today that I'm not the only one who tried to produce a
"pretty" plain text document. I got stuck at (a) nice word wrap when
reaching 80 chars and (b) tables..

> PS: You have already been pointed to the xmlresume software, which is
> probably what you are looking for.

No, I'm looking into DB.

Btw, so far I got a lot of feedback. They all tell me that I'm using
DocBook in a way it has not been designed for.

The "success-feedback-counter" is still zero.

Greetz,
Wolfgang.