Subject: Re: [docbook] OOXML

On 21 Jan 2010, at 10:23, Dave Pawson wrote:

> On 21/01/10 09:58, Kevin Sperring wrote:
>> Hi Nic,
>>
>> I've been researching for a very similar solution.
>> I'm currently reading http://www.explain.com.au/oss/docbook/ which looks
>> like it might be useful.
>

> http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/MSWord.html
>
> Bob answered this yesterday.
>  You may have to save into Word 2003 (the earlier form) first.

Thanks Dave - I missed that.

That's the bit we are trying to avoid - the application (generated via heavily customised
MS Word templates)  uses a lot of Office 2007 specific features. It may be that
we have to go that way though.

> If you want to pay, http://www.upcast.de/  is very solid
> and reasonably priced.

I've been talking to Stefan Herman about UpCast for a different client.
I'm impressed with the results.

cheers

nic

--