Subject: Re: [docbook] \r\n becomes
 when generating XHTML (for ePub)

Hi Boris,
Ah, indeed you did say that in the first line of your first message, and I
misunderstood. Sorry about that.

Regarding xsltproc, you said you were generating epub XHTML, but the command
line example you gave:

>  xsltproc --xinclude -o result.html docbook-xsl-ns-1.75.2\html\docbook.xsl
> test.xml

is for plain HTML output.  When I process with that stylesheet, my output
shows "^M" when I view it with my text editor (vim). When I view that file
with other text editors, I don't see the ^M.

But that output is not suitable for epub, is it?  If you are generating
content for epub, why are you using the plain html stylesheet?  What happens
when you process your files with either the epub/docbook.xsl or
xhtml/docbook.xsl stylesheets?  When I use either of those stylesheets, I
see the
 characters on the text includes.

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises