Subject: Re: [docbook] \r\n becomes

From: "Boris Schäling" <boris@highscore.de>
To: "'Bob Stayton'" <bobs@sagehill.net>; <docbook@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Sunday, January 24, 2010 6:04 AM
Subject: RE: [docbook] \r\n becomes &#13; when generating XHTML (for ePub)

Hi Bob,

> [...]
> But that output is not suitable for epub, is it?  If you are generating
> content for epub, why are you using the plain html stylesheet?  What
> happens
> when you process your files with either the epub/docbook.xsl or
> xhtml/docbook.xsl stylesheets?  When I use either of those stylesheets,
> see the &#13; characters on the text includes.

oh, you are right! I thought I had checked that. With these stylesheets I
see those &#13; characters, too. Then it's not the tool but the stylesheet?
The html stylesheet seems to remove those &#13; characters while the xhtml
stylesheet doesn't? It sounds strange though that the output is different -
is there a reason? And if the html stylesheet removes &#13; it should be
possible to customize the xhtml stylesheet to do the same?

Boris