Subject: Re: [docbook] GSoC 2010 - Integration of BoostBook with DocBook

On Tue, 6 Apr 2010 00:38:15 +0100, Muhammad Rehan Shaukat
<rehan.shaukat@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have submitted the proposal for GSoC, titled as: "Integration of
> BoostBook
> with DocBook". This project is proposed by Stefan Seefeld. Please find
the
> abstract below:
>
> ...There is a need to merge the BoostBook with DocBook
> v5.0 in order to extend the existing functionality of DocBook to
document
> APIs. The successful integration of BoostBook with DocBook will enable
the
> DocBook to provide vocabulary for both technical and API
documentations."*

I don't know if it's my place to comment on this, but I will even if I
shouldn't :-().

IMHO, DB is already *far* too cluttered with constructs that are specific
to programming languages.  Rather than add more programming language
"stuff", I think what's already in DB should be moved into one or more
separate libraries or modules, preferably with their own namespace.  A
namespace change for some subset will be non-backwards compatible, but I
don't think that's a reason to avoid it.

   /s/
   A happy user of a subset of DocBook
   (Mike Maxwell)