Subject: Re: [docbook] GSoC 2010 - Integration of BoostBook with DocBook

On 04/05/2010 08:05 PM, maxwell wrote:

> IMHO, DB is already *far* too cluttered with constructs that are specific
> to programming languages.  Rather than add more programming language
> "stuff", I think what's already in DB should be moved into one or more
> separate libraries or modules, preferably with their own namespace.  A
> namespace change for some subset will be non-backwards compatible, but I
> don't think that's a reason to avoid it.

I fully agree with what you are saying, and can happily confirm that
this is indeed the idea: The added vocabulary will go into an extension
profile, and thus be available as a separate module, to be explicitly
referenced from a different namespace.

In fact, I hope that a similar strategy may be chosen for other ports,
such as the Website and Slides vocabularies, when they are ported to
DocBook 5.

         Stefan