Subject: RE: [docbook] RE: quote inside code. WAS emphasis inside command isillegal?

Another feature in oXygen is the Model pane that displays the content model for an element based on the cursor being inside the element.  It is a little faster than  the opening triangular brace and doesn't insert content into the file.  Many other editors have similar features.

Regards,
Larry Rowland

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Stayton [mailto:bobs@sagehill.net]
Sent: Tuesday, September 28, 2010 10:37 AM
To: Tim Arnold; docbook@lists.oasis-open.org

> Or failing that, is there a tool to query the schema for legal child elements given
> a parent?

I don't know of such a query tool, but you can use an RNG schema-aware XML editor to
see what child elements are available for a given parent.  I just open a DocBook 5.0
document with Oxygen, configured to associate the DocBook namespace with the DocBook
5.0 RNG schema.  When inside an element, when I type "<" it prompts me for a child
element, listing only those that are valid in that context.  Other XML editors have a
similar feature.

I'll add an item to the next DocBook Technical Committee agenda to discuss maintaining
accessible reference documentation for each version.

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
bobs@sagehill.net