Subject: RE: [docbook] Localization

Bob Stayton [bobs@sagehill.net] wrote:

Regarding the value of "de" versus "DE_DE", you may also see examples using "de-de", "de_DE", and other variants.  I'm not clear that there is a single standard that everyone is to adhere to, which has led to the "too much flexibility" problem you mention.

<

The most current standard I know of is RFC 5646 (http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5646.txt), which uses the hyphen but mandates neither a specific capitalization rule nor the use of the country code. I've never actually seen a published standard that used the underscore, but I have seen it in practical use.

*************************
Rob Cavicchio
Principal Technical Writer & Information Architect
EMC Captiva

Information Intelligence Group
EMC Corporation
3721 Valley Centre Drive, Ste 200

San Diego, CA 92130

P: (858) 320-1208
F: (858) 320-1010
E: rob.cavicchio@emc.com

The opinions expressed here are my personal opinions. Content published here is not read or approved in advance by EMC and does not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of EMC.