Subject: Re: [docbook] Tool to convert a Docbook xml format to sgml format?

On 13/01/11 18:36, Csanyi Pal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have downloaded a Docbook that is in xml format.
> I wish to convert it into sgml format.
> Are there any tool for this?

I'm not aware of one. The first thing I'd try is to run the file through
osgmlnorm (part of the OpenSP/Jade package):

$ osgmlnorm -wxml xml.dec yourfile.xml

When I tried this on the following (XML) document instance

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE foo [
<!ELEMENT foo (bar,blort)>
<!ELEMENT bar EMPTY>
<!ATTLIST bar stuff CDATA #IMPLIED>
<!ELEMENT blort (#PCDATA)>
]>
<foo>
   <bar stuff="splat"/>
   <blort>Test</blort>
</foo>

I got the document with the NET replaced by a TAGC:

$ osgmlnorm -wxml /usr/share/xml/declaration/xml.dcl test.xml
osgmlnorm:/usr/share/xml/declaration/xml.dcl:1:W: SGML declaration was
not implied
<foo>
<bar stuff="splat">
<blort>Test</blort>