Subject: RE: markup for mediaobject parameters

In 4.x.  (There are users still using that version.)

> In 5.0, it's just text:
>
>    [
>       db:refpurpose [ "Specifies the format of the data" ]
>    ]
>    attribute format { text }?,

That's good.

> > Or we could just drop the @format attribute and plan
> > to use the (proposed) general param mechanism which is
> > what I have to do at present anyway.
>
> Well, if your stylesheet can copy the format attribute to the HTML
> param, I think I prefer that for the common stuff, but I won't fuss
> too much.

I agree, I'd rather use the format attribute for what it appears
to have been designed for.  So we can do that in 5.x but not in 4.x.

> Could I persuade you to make a concrete proposal for the changes that
> you'd like to see?

Sure I'd be willing to do that, but probably not until the late
September
time frame.  I gather you're only interested in a 5.x solution which
means I'll probably still have to invent my own 4.x solution (which is
pretty much what I've outlined already).

paul