Subject: AW: [docbook] What element to use?

Hi Dave,
Bridgehead is beatiful and exactly fit my needs. Thanks

Greets
Dominic

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: davep [mailto:davep@dpawson.co.uk]
Gesendet: Freitag, 23. September 2011 13:12
An: docbook@lists.oasis-open.org
Betreff: Re: [docbook] What element to use?

On 09/23/2011 11:00 AM, Dominic Weiss wrote:

> Hallo List,
>
> i#m searching an element which contains a title and will output a new
> line behind this. The result should look like this:
>

> *Title 1 *
>
> Description, description, description
>
> *Title 2 *
>
> Description, description, description
>
> <<

tdg is your friend?
Any child of chapter which suites your need.
http://www.docbook.org/tdg/en/html/chapter.html

Descriptive?
http://www.docbook.org/tdg/en/html/ch02.html#ch02-makechap
Might help?
   there we see sect1 as being suitable,
or sect.

You may also look at the bridgehead element?

HTH

> Our db-structure looks like that:
>
> <book>

> <chapter>
>
> *... here ist he place to go .... *
>
> </chapter>
>
> </book>
>
> I tried <formalpara> but there is no new-line after the <title> (but
> ist displayed here: http://docbook.org/tdg/en/html/formalpara.html)

> <para>
>
>                                    Description, description, description
>
> </para>
>
> </formalpara>
>
> Since we are chunking i cant use /section./
>
> We are usin db4.5 with 1.75.2 xsl.
>
> Dominic

regards

--