Subject: [ANN] The DoCookBook Project

Hi DocBook lovers,

browsed through a book, used your favorite search engine, or posted on
LinkedIn, Xing, or the DocBook mailinglist to hunt for answers to your
problems?

As an additional alternative, I’m happy to announce my latest project:

    The DoCookBook Project
    http://doccookbook.sf.net
    (released  under Creative Commons License)

The tongue-twisting name is a word play and picks up the two central
topics about DocBook and cookbook.

1. What is the “DoCookBook Project”?

This project is a collection of problems and solution towards DocBook
and the DocBook stylesheets. The book contains helpful topics with
step-by-step instructions.

2. Why another project about DocBook?

Information about DocBook can be find in books or somewhere in the
Internet. However, it can be an exhausting task to extract the
necessary piece which fits to your problem. This project can help you
to get your work done more quickly.

3. Is it ready?

Not yet. Currently it is a draft. However, the structure is almost
complete. The book contains some useful topics and it will be improved
and extended over time.

4. Can I see the source code?

Sure! The source code of this book is published and maintained as a
Mercurial repository. See the project page at http://sf.net/projects/doccookbook/

5. Ok, convinced! Howe can i support the project?

* Register to the project mailinglist to influence the direction or
  to get updates
* Point out typos, ambiguities, inconsistencies, or errors
* Let me know what’s your favorite topic
* Send me your topics directly or use the project’s ticket system
  (see https://sf.net/p/doccookbook/tickets/15/). If you want to use
  the latter, you’ll have to register at Sourceforge
* Write your own topics
* Create a cool new layout
* Support this project and donate a small amount

Have fun!

--
Gruß/Regards,
    Thomas Schraitle