Subject: Re: [docbook] Support for PDF fragment identifiers in DocBook 5

Hi Jeff,
There should be no difference between the ns and non-ns stylesheet versions.  That behavior is toggled by the stylesheet param 'insert.olink.pdf.frag', which is set to zero by default in both stylesheet versions.  Something else must account for the change in behavior.

Can you check the .fo files for 4.5 and 5 to see if the #fragment identifiers are present in the FO output?

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
bobs@sagehill.net

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, March 24, 2012 12:47 PM

When I upgraded from DocBook 4.5 to 5, I was pleased to discover that PDF fragment identifiers now work as they should. When I click a link to another PDF, it opens the referenced PDF and jumps to that location.

I was surprised at this because I'm using the same version of FOP (a snapshot build of FOP 1.0) that I used with DocBook 4.5.

Do the DocBook 5 stylesheets handle fragment identifiers differently than they did in DocBook 4.5? Just trying to understand why this works now.

Regards,
Jeff Powanda
Vocera Communications, Inc.