Subject: Re: [docbook] Different resource Definitions in Assembly File and Schema?

Indeed, the versions in SourceForge SVN are not current. I sent a note to Norm asking him about the status of those files.

In beta 7, the committee implemented their decision to not allow content in an assembly file, except in a merge element. That simplifies the schemas and avoids keeping translatable content in a location separate from the resources. So the "container" versions of resource and module were removed. The description element was added at the same time.

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
bobs@sagehill.net

----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Schraitle" <tom_schr@web.de>
To: "Bob Stayton" <bobs@sagehill.net>
Cc: <docbook@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2012 9:09 AM

Hi Bob,

thanks for your quick answer.

Am Donnerstag, 17. Mai 2012, 08:37:26 schrieb Bob Stayton:
The version of the assembly schema that I included in the XSL snapshots is
assembly51b7.rnc, but that version does not contain any reference to
"db.file.resource", and neither does the schema file downloaded from [2].
So I'm wondering how you ended up with an older version.

Hmn, it seems, I've used version 5.1b6. In 5.1b7 the above patterns are not
available anymore.

Interestingly, the src/assembly-core.rnc in SVN[1] contains still the
db.file.resource and db.container.resource patterns:

 $ grep -n "db.resource =" assembly-core.rnc
 120:   db.resource = db.file.resource | db.container.resource

Can you confirm that?

As far as I can see, the definition has been changed in 5.1b7 and contains now
description. Is that correct?

Thanks! :)

------
[1]