Subject: Re: [docbook] DocBook 4.4 CSS + images

Hi Zoltán,

On Thu, 24 May 2012 14:15:29 +0200
Zoltán János Jánosi <jazoja4@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there any way to show images in browser just by the help of CSS?
> (or am I have to use XSL?)

I think it should work. In oXygen there is this CSS3 rule (slightly
adapted):

imagedata {
  content: attr(fileref);
}

The original rule looks like this:

graphic,
inlinegraphic,
imagedata{
    content: attr(fileref, url);
}

However, oXygen is an XML editor, not a browser. In theory, it
shouldn't make any difference, but some browser may not interprete the
above rule correctly.

> I mean I have a document in DocBook 4.4 XML format, and I attached a
> CSS to it.
> It looks good in FireFox but there are no pictures and etc.

It could be the wrong path. Or the format isn't supported (unlikely).
Are the XML file and the images in the same path or is the browser able
to find them?

Check also the following links:

http://wiki.docbook.org/DocBookCssStylesheets
http://www.badgers-in-foil.co.uk/projects/docbook-css/